Sore Thighs For July: 3000 Squat Challenge

After college finished I suddenly had a lot more free time than I even knew what to do with, and I knew I wanted to use some of it do some real good. Cancer Research UK is the world's largest independent cancer research charity, carrying out fundamental research that will shape the future of the fight against cancer. 

Cancer is relentless, it affects 1 in 2 people and is set to become the largest killer in 2030. Every single donation and amount fundraised plays a vital part in supporting life-saving researching, which is why it was so important to me to raise some money. My challenge was to do 3000 squats in the month of July to raise money, with a goal of £150. 

In order to make sure that peoples donations felt earnt, I decided to add a few extra obstacles over the course of the month. For week one I started with 100 squats a day, split into sets of 20 using 5 different types of squat. I then increased the daily amount to 150, and after 2 weeks I am planning on adding some small weights to make it a little more challenging. By the final week I hope to be doing 200 a day, although this may be tricky judging by how much my thighs are burning already. In total I'll have done about 4800 squats by the end, an ultimately tiny price to pay if it means I can raise some money for this brilliant charity. 

There are so many amazing charities that its worth volunteering or fundraising for, but for this particular challenge Cancer Research UK really stood out. In just 40 years they have helped double cancer survival, driven by supporters that fundraise and those that are generous enough to donate. 

This truly is a wonderful charity, unfortunately cancer is something that affects all too many of us, whether its family, friends or neighbours. If you aren't in a position where you're able to donate right now, that's okay! But if you want to make a difference, organise a bake sale, do a charity run, or even just help spread awareness through some Instagram posts. I've attached my link below, and I would be unbelievably grateful to anybody that donates. Let's be part of the change we want to see in the world <3

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/isabelle-is-doing-3000-squats-in-july 

Comments

Popular Posts