A Passion For Floral Fashion

 



Before I start this blog I do have a confession, I don't actually own that many floral clothes. But from runways to roads, it is clear that floral fashion is set to be a trend this year, and I am not one to miss out on a trend. 

There are so many different ways to wear flowers, one of the ways I have seen the most recently would have to be flowery summer dresses. Missguided have a very cute low cut flowery dress, and of course I couldn't talk about floral dresses without mentioning @gracefullyher's gorgeous pink dress. I may be biased, but you don't have to love pink to see that this dress is a must have for summer 2021. If you're looking for something a little more beachy, Shein has some lovely beach dresses for those hotter days. 

Dresses are great but I for one have a thousand summer tops I want to wear the second the sun comes out, so lets talk about skirts! A personal favourite floral skirt would have to be the tie side wrap skirt, available at Shein in a beautiful dark green and white combo. If mini skirts are your thing, Boohoo have a super cute ditsy floral red skirt with a trendy side split, or go more fancy with Hollister's high rise floral mini skirt in an adorable baby blue. Throwback to the 60s with a brown flowered mini skirt from Urban Outfitters, or get ready for lady's brunch with an elegant floral ruffle wrap midi skirt from New Look!

Now for something I actually have some experience in: floral tops! It wouldn't be summer without a floral crop top, so here are my top five floral crop tops and how I'd style them:

  • Underwired crop top (Oh Polly)- I would wear this to something like a barbecue or a garden party, either paired with a matching skirt or with some ripped jeans and sparkly stilettos
  • Cropped top and mini skirt blue co-ord set (Lily Lulu Fashion)- As a co-ord set this is already perfect, but without the skirt I would definitely throw on some white flares and sandals for a cute beachy look
  • Drawstring side halter top (SHEIN)- I promise I'm not biased to Shein, it's just hard not to mention them with such a range. This sexy number is perfect with a mini skirt or black jeans, or dress down with some cycling shorts and white trainer
  • Mesh cup detail long sleeve crop top (Pretty Little Thing)- for those slightly chillier evenings, slip into this beautiful long sleep top. I would wear it with a white tennis skirt, but you can make it retro with some flared jeans and chunky shoes
  • Cinch puff-sleeve crop top (Hollister Co)- possibly my favourite on the list, this is great for so many different things. Style it off the shoulder with a jeans and small black purse, go a little more bougie and throw on some gold stilettos and matching gold accessories
I hope this blog has helped you include some sort of floral fashion in your summer look book, and if this is too much, start out small with some accessories or a pretty flowery bag. If you end up using any of these outfit ideas be sure to tag me @just_keep_smiling_blogs for a shout-out and an extra like :)

Comments

Popular Posts