Summer's Looking Hot This Year

 

Summer 2021 has a lot to live up to, for many people, it is the first proper holiday out of lockdown and free of restrictions. With so many lockdown comebacks, it is natural that the trends for the upcoming season are already being revealed. Thanks to some dedicated scrolling through Pinterest a few hours worth of fashion trend tiktoks and a healthy dose of Cosmo UK, I have a bit of an idea of what will be 'hot' this summer (other than the beaches). 

1. Crop tops
As a self proclaimed crop top extraordinaire, I've seen (and owned) a fair few of crop tops in my time. For me, they aren't restricted to summer, but it is clear that they will be a must-have for SS21. From Dior to Chanel to Hermes- everyone agrees, crop tops are so in!!!

2. Sheer clothes
When I hear sheer, I think Kardashian, but that could change after this summer. Cosmopolitan predicts that sheer clothes will play a huge role in everybody's fits this year. Admittedly, it isn't for everyone, but with looks to go over bikinis or to rock with a cool blazer, you just might find your sheer look this year!

3. Pastel
Now this one I am very excited about, all it takes is one look at my college folders, room or clothes to realise how much I live for pastel (especially baby pink). So when I heard that designers were leaning towards a pastel palette for their new season looks- I was beyond happy. Thanks Fendi!

4. Monochrome
On the topic of colour, black and white are said to be making an appearance too. It would be impossible to do a fashion blog without something from Vogue, and one of their predictions this year are lots of black and white look flooding the runway. To quote Coco Chanel; Simplicity is the keynote of all tru elegance. 

5. Midriff flossing
Truly a terrifying trend for me, wraparound cords that resemble dental floss are attempting their own uprising this season. It is tricky to pull off, but wear it with confidence and a shirt and skirt combo quickly becomes a runway worthy look. 

With so many styles and trends worldwide, it is impossible to fit them all in one blog. These five are just some that I have seen popping up a lot, and a few that I am just excited to see. It's nice to see some of your favourite accessories and outfits become trendy and, for me at least, summer 2021 will be a season out of the comfort zone and onto the 'catwalk'. 

Comments

Popular Posts