Summer Is Just A Fitness Challenge Away

 



With summer just around the corner and bikini season on the horizon, one of my main focuses recently has been finding the right exercise programmes. workouts and challenges for that summer body. As a disclaimer, every single body out there is a summer body, and the best look you can have this year is one of confidence, but if its in you interests to become healthier, fitter, or just to have an exercise schedule you're proud of, this blog might just be for you. 

I have said it before and I will say it again, Chloe Ting is my go to for workout challenges, they are intense but do-able, with alternatives and low impact exercises that meant I could throw myself in with little to no physical ability. Personal preference aside, there are a lot of fitness vloggers and youtuber's out there with great videos and challenges, and what works for me may not work for you. Spend a couple of hours one evening having a look through all the options, and try to find workouts that will fit around your routine and be something you enjoy doing. If you hate every second of your workout, it's not the one for you!

Another type of challenge that I have been drawn to is one that focuses on a certain exercise, for example, 100 squats a day, or 30 minutes of skipping every morning. The great thing about these daily challenges is that they don't have to just be fitness related, you could make it your goal to drink 2L of water a day, or to do 25 minutes of yoga before you start your day. All of the examples I have listed are indeed things I have tried, with varying levels of success and motivation. My next idea: 100 Russian twists for every day of April, they're my favourite exercise, they are great for working out your abs, hip dips and stomach, and the technique is quite easy to nail. 

It can be good to set yourself goals in the leadup to summer, whether it is just drinking a glass of water first thing, or downloading a 30 day ab challenge (something I am yet to conquer). That being said, sticking to a challenge is far from easy, I should know; I have about 20 half finished fitness challenges to date. 

Here are some ways to stay motivated that I find work for me:

  • Know your limits
  • Start small and work your way up
  • Do something you enjoy
  • Take days off
  • Set a time/ date you want to finish by
Be sure to dm me on instagram if you complete any challenges, a great way to stick to challenges is by joining a community so you're not alone! Good luck and remember; just keep smiling :) 


Comments

Popular Posts