Skirts That Will Make You Twirl

 



As a self-diagnosed shopaholic, it is fair to say that my wardrobe is bigger than it needs to be. And a large portion of my wardrobe is dedicated to my skirt collection, so I thought I would do a little blog about my favourite types of skirts and the ways I like to style them in outfits. 

1. Tennis skirts
This one is a touchy subject for me, my Pinterest is full of them, and I have about forty different ideas of how to style one. With a jumper and shirt underneath for that Uni-girl aesthetic, with a halter-neck white crop top for a simple summer outfit, even with a baby pink cardigan to recreate the iconic 90s look. But no matter how many shops I search through, I cannot find one within my price range that is in stock- the perfect versatile skirt happens to be the only one I don't own. 

2. Pleated skirts
My pleated skirt is probably my most worn item, not only does it go with anything, its flattering even on the days that I'm bloated. My go to look is definitely a cropped hoodie and trainers, but in the warmer seasons I also like to pair it with a lacey white top for a cooler, more elegant touch. The one that I own is a beautiful plaid pink and beige pattern, and the next on my shopping list is definitely a yellow and black twin. 

3. Pencil skirts
From the office to party central, pencil skirts are perfect for (almost) any occasion! Couple a black and white dogs tooth patterned skirt with a loose black shirt for a professional outfit. Looking for something more casual? Try a black mini pencil skirt with a sequined crop top, and you're ready for a night out with the girls. Knowing me, I could find a way to wear one to the beach- and yes, that is a challenge. 

4. Suede skirts
Suede is a material I usually like to keep confined to my River Island bags and my ankle boots, so when I bought my pink suede, button up skirt on sale from New Look, it was a bit out of my comfort zone. It isn't my favourite piece, but I like it best when styled with a knitted jumper or warm hoodie, some thick tan tights and matching suede boots for a wintry ensemble. 

5. Denim skirts
I couldn't discuss skirts without mentioning denim, notoriously hard to make anything more than a casual summer outfit with, I struggled to do more than slap on a t-shirt with this skirt for the first couple years that I had it. But with age comes experience, and now I like to wear it with cropped silk tops and heels. If you're feeling more adventurous, try some denim on denim and pop on a denim jacket to compete the look. 

Believe me when I say, I know I haven't come close to covering all the styles of skirts and ways you can wear them. I'd love to see your top picks, as well as how you style them and what occasions you use them for, so feel free to dm me @just_keep_smiling_blogs on instagram! 

Comments

Popular Posts