Shopping Is My Cardio

 



Anybody who has ever been to a Boxing Day Sale knows that shopping can be a full on workout, and whilst I have a love/hate relationship with exercise, shopping is something my knowledge doesn't fall short on. If you'd rather spend your first few moments back in your favourite shop on 12th April browsing the rails instead of counting the coins, here are some top tips for sustainable and affordable shopping sprees!

H&M is a great way to shop sustainable, trendy and value for money clothes. From their sale rack to their "new in" section, you'll get your moneys worth with these stylish fits. Summer dresses are a must have for the 2021 season, and no shop has a better selection of these floral numbers than new look. A personal favourite of mine, their  clothes are high quality and low cost, and their breathable organic cotton makes them perfect for those boiling summer days. 

For some people, the shops being shut meant they were able to save a little money from those missed shopping sprees. If this is the case for you and you have a little more saved up to treat yourself, my top two recommendations would have to be River Island and Zara. They are slightly more pricey but still relatively affordable, and what they lose in competitive pricing they more than  make up for in quality. My River Island bags are perfect, they have that designer feel for a fraction of the price, and all of the material is great quality. The only downfall would have to be how easily they scratch, but I think that might be on me and how clumsy I am when it comes to anything of any value. Zara is a great shop for more creative clothing, some of the pieces I see in there are so original and it will definitely be one of the first places I visit on the 12th April. 

If going into shops seems a bit overwhelming after lockdown 3.0, ASOS is a great marketplace for all of your fashion and lifestyle needs. From cute facemasks to modern yoga mats, from recycled bikinis to biodegradable phone cases, anything and everything you need is just a tap away (at a brilliant price too!). I personally bought some of their products recently, and without turning this blog into a full on review, I can vouch that the biodegradable, recycled pink phone case (by the brand C@se) is amazing, it is ergonomic and aesthetically pleasing both visually and physically. I would definitely recommend.

So whether you'll be spending this April racing from shop to shop or scanning the internet for those treasured 21st July sections, make sure you do it right! Make the most of student discounts with the apps UNiDAYS and Student Beans, and if you're shopping online make sure to download an extension like Honey. I promise I'm not sponsored but I happily would be, over lockdown Honey has saved me probably over £75  without me even having to do anything. Shopping is fun, but try to keep it in moderation, after being deprived of window shopping for so long, it is easy to buy everything in sight. Remember that everything you buy should be good value for money, something you will get good use from, and something you won't regret when you see the receipt. 



Comments

Popular Posts